The Chamber undertakes a very active communications policy and is continually looking at ways on how to offer benefits to its members, as well as produce a means of income to its members through marketing and PR initiatives that help boost spending in town.
The Chamber has introduced several new initiatives in the last twelve months, and continues to co-ordinate existing events and projects. These include:
· Work Skills: Work in Deni; Train in Deni; Stay in Deni: working with 20 Corporate Partners from government, industry and business this initiative looks at ways on how to keep our work skills in town, and investigates ways on how to ensure the town’s ongoing viability.
· Visitation Days: These days provide a real opportunity for members to look “outside the square” and to travel to nearby towns and districts to see how other businesses are doing business.
· Weekly members roundtables: A prime networking opportunity, these roundtables are held most weeks and allow Chamber members to discuss with Chamber issues affecting the town, as well as allow businesses to discuss issues with each other. These events also welcome guest speakers including our local Council, local MPs John Williams and Sussan Ley MP plus other prominent and noteworthy business representatives when they come to town.
· Tangible shop local campaigns; One of the main aims of Chamber is to offer activities which boost local spending, as well to remind the community the need for shopping local and supporting local businesses.
The Chamber is continually looking at ways on how different marketing opportunities can be undertaken to encourage local spending, as well as promote the benefits of keeping spending local.
· Christmas Windows Competition: Deni — All Lit Up! This campaign helps “light up Deni for Christmas” and offers prizes for the best dressed business window, as well as residential light displays. This activity receives great community support and involves a broad-based voting campaign to encourage the community’s support.
· A rejuvenated Business Excellence Awards; Now aligning with the NSWBC, the Deni Business Awards offers
its members an opportunity to promote and showcase their business at not only a local and district level, but also State level. An ideal benchmarking opportunity, the Awards are the leading event for business in the region and the Gala Dinner is the most supported event in town by business, industry leaders and Government.